Villa Niccone - high end villa sleeps 12
from 2,200.00 EUR
This lovely villa set in the Tuscan hills on the Umbria border between Cortona and Mercatale, sleeps up to 12, 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms.
This stunning manor house is the ideal retreat for those wishing to enjoy idyllic and peaceful surroundings in extreme comfort. Set within its own meadows and olive groves, a private lake and numerous woodland walks, it is still within easy reach of many of the major Tuscan and Umbrian towns.
Designed and renovated by a renowned UK interior designer, The villa enjoys lots of space both internally and externally. Large showers, wood beams, oak ceilings and stone doorways all assist in combining to create a unique, luxurious getaway.
The spacious kitchen/dining room, provides the latest equipment in elegant surroundings. Through two ancient Roman capitols you leave the kitchen and enter the large hall and from there, the double doors open onto an exquisite arched loggia. The huge table of reclaimed oak is a wonderful place to enjoy lunch and look down on the olive groves and the infinity pool below.
Each bedroom and bathroom is dedicated to comfort without losing any of the integral charm of this beautiful house. The bathrooms are characterized by the magnificent free standing baths, large walk-in showers, antique marble baths and the bedrooms by the four poster beds and antique furniture. The drawing room, a large and extremely spacious room, is furnished with a graceful and understated style. The sofas are deep and comfortable and the supremely beautiful artifacts and paintings only add to the atmosphere. The study is charming and more intimate, and the upstairs galleried sitting room with sofas is another beautiful space to retreat from the world. From two of the first floor terraces you can see castles on the distant hilltops, and it is the ideal place to sip a bellini and drink in the atmosphere.
The pool is set amongst the olive trees, sculpted into the grounds, with an infinity edge that disappears into the spectacular backdrop. Surrounded by over 70 acres of its own land, all fenced to maintain the safety of the natural environment and the protection of the animals that live within the woods, it provides the perfect backdrop for the truly idyllic holiday.
Set in the picturesque Niccone Valley the perfect, central point from which to explore the hill towns of both Umbria and Tuscany. Located roughly midway between Rome and Florence, just north of Lake Trasimeno, it’s an easy drive to the historic cities of Cortona, Gubbio, Perugia, Assisi, Deruta, Montefalco, Spoleto, Spello, Todi, Montepulciano, Pienza, Siena, Umbertide, Città di Castello, Sansepolcro and others.
Nearest Airport Perugia (45 km); Florence (145 km)
Nearest Village Mercatale; (7 km)
Nearest Town Umbertide (12 km)
Nearest Restaurant; (1.5 km)
Nearest Bar/Pub; (2.5 km)
Nearest Supermarket and shops Umbertide (12 km)Nearest Beach Lake Trasimeno (21 km)
Villa Interior summary
- Kitchen with dining area with table
- Sitting room with TV
- Drawing room with French doors opening onto the front terrace
- Twin bedroom (beds can be joined) with French doors opening onto the front terrace
- Bathroom with walk-in shower
- Bedroom with four poster king-size bed, French doors opening onto the front terrace and en-suite bathroom with shower and bathtub
- Utility room with washing machine
- Tower Room with superking size bed (can be used as twin)
- Galleried sitting room with access to the terrace
- Family bathroom
- Small studio with desk
- Bedroom with superking size bed and en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with tub
- Bedroom with king-size bed
- Master bedroom with four poster king-size bed and en-suite bathroom with bathtub and shower. Access to the upstairs terrace
- Arched loggia with dining table to seat 14 and additional sofas
- Heated infinity pool (6x12, depth 1,20 to 2,40 m) with electric cover, open approximately from mid-May to mid-September
- Poolside pergola and seating area
- Ground floor terrace
- Two first floor terraces
- Garden at front of property
- 70 acres of fenced grounds, including meadows, woodland walk and lake
- Wi-Fi; Washing machine; TV
- Table tennis, Boules, Tennis court
- 2 portable air conditioning units to be installed on request
- Fans available in each bedroom
Approx location exact to be provided prior to arrival